Full-time Faculty in Mathematics
The Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences is seeking a dynamic, innovative and qualified scholar for a full-time faculty position at all ranks to commence on the 2022-2023 academic year.
Strong candidates with proven experience and specialization in one of the following areas (preferred, but not limited to) are encouraged to apply:
- Partial Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- Pluripotential Theory
- Operator Theory
- Complex Dynamics
The international applicants and Turkish citizens living abroad are eligible to apply for the following TUBITAK grants:
- International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers-2232-A (https://www.tubitak.gov.tr/en/scholarship/postdoctoral/international-programmes/content-2232-a-international-fellowship-for-outstanding-researchers)
- International Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers-2232-B
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Cofund Program-2236 (https://www.tubitak.gov.tr/en/scholarship/postdoctoral/international-programmes/content-2236-co-funded-brain-circulation-scheme2-cocirculation2).
The candidate is expected to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels and supervise student projects. Other responsibilities include curriculum assessment and development, developing innovative practices in teaching.
The candidate is expected to develop a strong research agenda and supervise graduate students. It is also expected that the candidate will apply for grants to national and international agencies to support this research agenda.
The candidate is expected to actively work in the committees to help improve the academic and administrative processes of the faculty and the university.
- Possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution in Mathematics;
- Have a track record of excellence in research and teaching (the candidate must demonstrate research excellence with published articles on the aforementioned topics, in the international journals, indexed in the Web of Science).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit (i) CV, (ii) a research statement, (iii) a teaching statement (in addition to the teaching philosophy, approach and experiences, the teaching statement should also include a list of all courses the candidate can offer at both graduate and undergraduate levels), (iv) at least two letters of reference using the online application form at https://sucrm.sabanciuniv.edu/academiccv/application.php?advertcode=MATH-1-2021.
The evaluation of applications will start on December 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
About Sabancı University
Established by Sabancı Foundation in 1994, Sabancı University provides a world class education to its students from undergraduate to doctorate levels. It is distinguished by its educational system which was unique in Turkey when Sabancı University started its educational activities in 1999. It offers freedom to all its students to choose their academic program within the first two years after they are enrolled in the university. Sabancı University has been the most entrepreneurial and innovative foundation university in the University Entrepreneurship and Innovation Index produced by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey since 2012. It also ranks one of the top among the universities from Turkey in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. As a young university with twenty years of history, Sabancı University aspires to become an international reference point for innovation in education and research.
Sabancı University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment in education and employment. The University respects all individuals without any discrimination of gender, religion, national and ethnic origin, race, color, physical disability, physical appearance, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational, admission and employment policies, and its scholarship and university-sponsored programs.